ACK SMART ENERGY, Nantucket’s leading solar energy company, is hiring a Solar Electrician.
The successful candidate will have extensive residential and light commercial electrical experience including a Journeyman's electrical license. Previous solar experience is not required. Full training (including equipment vendor certified training) will be provided. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company and learn new skills in an exciting and growing industry.
Work responsibilities include:
● Carry out installation of solar PV systems including electrical wiring, running of conduit,
mounting of inverters, mounting of transfer switches, installation of storage systems,
installation of CAT5, testing and commissioning, and other standard commercial and
residential electrical work related to solar PV.
● Conduct site visits to ensure all pre-installation requirements are met.
● Identify products/components required for projects
● Pull electrical permits and coordinate electrical inspections as required by Nantucket
● Coordinate with ACK Smart Operations and Permitting team:
○ Ordering of materials
○ Review of solar 1 line diagrams
● Remain up-to-date with requirements and best practices relating to solar PV design and
installations and implement changes when necessary to ensure installations meet
● Perform maintenance and service of systems including investigating performance issues
and installation of related warranty claims
● Help develop documentation, manuals and best practice guidelines
● Adhere to all OHSA requirements
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER AND PERMIT ADMINISTRATOR
Reporting to the Solar Project Manager you will be responsible for helping to coordinate solar projects and prepare solar permits.
Asist the Solar Project Manager with coordinating the overall permitting and construction schedule
Assist with the filing of HDC and Nantucket building permit applications and inspections
Preparing and filing of National Grid ISAs (Interconnection Service Agreements)
Assist with coordination of procurement of materials
Coordinate other project tasks as required: Surveying, Dig Safe, MESA application
Manage, track and communicate project status via Scoop
Assist in the development of process improvements