Not Exactly Live From Not Exactly the Ed Sullivan Theatre...
For more than 30 years, David Letterman could be found hitting comedic beats on late night television. Spanning nearly four decades and two networks spots including the original Late Night program on NBC and then the advent of the Late Show on CBS, Letterman and his white socks became synonymous with the American evening routine - at least on week nights.
What does this have to do with solar energy? Well it wouldn't be a blog tribute to Dave Letterman without a deviation in the story that left the audience a little perplexed as to where it was going...
(It also might have something to do with our marketing manager being from Indiana, Letterman's home state. But it probably doesn't...)
Yes, Letterman was, is, a late-night legend; a creature of habit, delivering a comfortingly familiar program night after night with segments you could not only look forward to, but hang your hat on, with no segment better known than the top 10 lists. Spanning a myriad of topics both serious and satirical, Dave would run through a list of ten thoughts all relating to a greater one. And although he accomplished many things throughout his storied career, Dave Letterman never did a Top 10 Reasons to Go Solar...so we figured we'd give him a hand.
So here we go, ACK Smart's very own Top 10 List
10. Reduced energy costs: Solar energy is a free, renewable resource, so once a solar panel system is installed, the energy it produces can significantly reduce or even eliminate a household's electricity bills.
9. Increased property value: Installing solar panels on a house can increase the property's value, making it more attractive to potential buyers.
8. Environmental benefits: Solar energy is a clean, renewable resource that does not produce greenhouse gas emissions, making it an environmentally friendly option for powering a home.
7. Tax incentives: Both the federal and local governments offer tax incentives for the installation of solar energy systems, which can help offset the initial cost of the installation.
6. Energy independence: With solar panel, you can generate your own energy and not rely on the traditional grid.
5. Low maintenance: Solar panels require very little maintenance and have a long lifespan, typically 25-30 years, which can provide long-term savings and energy independence.
4. The installation of solar panels can increase the lifespan of your roof, as solar panels protect your shingles from the direct impact of weather and other destructive elements.
3. Massachusetts has a goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050, which can be achieved by increasing the use of solar energy.
2. Solar energy can be used to power homes, businesses, and communities, making it a versatile energy source.
And the Number 1 reason to go solar....
1. You get to work with ACK Smart Energy!